Start Date: Friday 2nd October 2020
Tutor: Natalie Barnard
Fees: BSAVA Member £120 Inc VAT; Non Member £180 Inc VAT
This Learn online course is aimed at general practitioners with an interest in Otitis. The course will cover how to perform ear cytology and interpret your findings in both dogs and cats and feel more confidence in the treatments available.
Online activities (including quizzes and case studies) will support your learning and discussions on the online forum will be encouraged. We also provide additional resources to complement the course - the ‘BSAVA Bonus Bits’. These will include congress podcast recordings, JSAP and companion articles as well as a free chapter from the relevant BSAVA Manual (as well as a discount voucher for purchasing the whole book).
The first weekly unit will be released on the First Friday of the month, with the next weekly units being released on the following two Fridays. The discussion forum is open for the first three weeks of the course and the course content will remain available for a total of 8 weeks. You can complete the work how and when you choose over these 8 weeks.
- The first presentation
- Back again - The problem case
- And back again, the real problem case
Overall intended learning outcomes
- Be confident on how to approach an otitis case whether it is a first presentation or recurrent case.
- Know about the differences between otitis in dogs and cats
- Be confident on the theory of how to perform ear cytology and interpret your findings
- Feel confident making treatment decisions based on cytology findings
- Know the indications for a surgical management of ear disease
- Feel more confident on the medical management options for multi resistant infections namely Pseudomonas.
Tutor: Natalie Barnard
Natalie graduated from the Royal Veterinary College in 2001. She spent 2 years in general practice before returning to the RVC to undertake a 3 year Residency in Veterinary Dermatology. She attained her RCVS Certificate in Veterinary Dermatology in 2006 and her European Diploma in Veterinary Dermatology 2009. Natalie has worked at The Animal Health Trust and Langford Veterinary Services. Recently she has set up a Dermatology referral service at Highcroft Referrals in Bristol.
Fees: BSAVA Member: £120 Non Member £180